BREEDER AND CONTACT LIST INFORMATION
The purpose of the GITCA Breeder and Contact List is to provide a list of GITCA members having experience with Glens and interest in various Glen performance activities, conformation and/or breeding as a resource to a person interested in the breed or wishing to meet a Glen.
Members who apply to this list will have the information obtained from the Breeder and Contact List Application form published on the GITCA website in the Members Only section. Members’ names will be listed along with their preferred method of contact. In addition, applicants may list any interests applicant has participated in with Glens such as breeding, conformation, agility, or earthdog. Any applicant who meets the definition of Breeder, as defined for the purposes of this list, MUST list breeding as an interest in order for member to be included in the Breeder and Contact List (See definitions of Breeder and Contact, below). Members will be listed by region; they have the option of listing the state in which they reside as well.
Members will be listed on the Breeder and Contact List until they request to be removed, are no longer a member or a member in good standing of GITCA, are required to be removed due to extenuating circumstances, or are removed for failure to comply with any of the requirements herein.
Exclusively for the purposes of the Breeder and Contact List, the following definitions shall apply:
A member having a minimum of three years’ experience in the breed and a minimum of two years as a GITCA member.
- Breeding any 2 years out of 3 consecutive years (including supplying a sire or leased dam).
- Having bred a current litter for sale or intending to breed a litter for sale within 1 year from the date of application.
- Having plans to provide a sire or providing a leased dam to another breeder within 1 year from the date of application.
REQUIREMENTS TO BE LISTED ON THE BREEDER AND CONTACT LIST:
- A member must have a minimum of three years’ experience in the breed at the time of application.
- A member applying to be a Contact must be a GITCA member in good standing for at least two years. A member applying to be identified as a Breeder must be a GITCA member in good standing for a minimum of three years.
- Member must make a commitment to respond in a timely manner to inquiries, even if member is identified as a Breeder and does not have a litter available.
- A member who was not a Breeder (as defined herein for the purposes of this list) when added to the Breeder and Contact List, and falls within the breeder parameters defined herein during his/her tenure, is required to identify him/herself as a Breeder by resubmitting the Breeder and Contact List Application with all required Breeder information completed. Failure to do so will result in removal from the Breeder and Contact List entirely. At no time shall a member that meets the definition of Breeder as defined herein appear on the list without being clearly identified as a breeder.
Additional requirements for members identified as Breeders:
- Members identified as Breeders should include a GITCA membership application as part of the breeder’s puppy packet.
- Members identified as Breeders must obtain CHIC numbers on any dogs that they own and co-own in advance of any anticipated breeding where they will be listed as a breeder of record. If a non-CHIC certified dog is used from another owner, then the breeder must submit documentation of all testing required by the GITCA Code of Ethics.
- Members identified as Breeders when applying to be listed must include the CHIC number for at least one of his/her dogs. This information will appear with the member’s entry in the Breeder and Contact List.
- Intentional failure to comply with these requirements will result in removal from the list entirely.
The Glen of Imaal Terrier Club of America (“GITCA”) provides this list to assist the public in locating breeders of Glen of Imaal Terriers and/or Contacts who are members of GITCA in good standing. GITCA does not make any endorsements, representations, or warranties regarding the breeders listed or the quality, health, show potential, or any other matter regarding any dogs obtained from or puppies produced by any listed breeder.
If you are interested in participating in the Breeder and Contact List contact GITCA Corresponding Secretary Maggie Weidinger for application/information at email@example.com
Welcome to the section of our site that is dedicated to members of the Glen of Imaal Terrier Club of America. You must be a member in order to access this section of the website.
Members: Please log in or enter your information in the registration section to request access. Please use your first and last name with no spaces between as your username.
A moderator will be in touch about granting access once the request is received. Please allow 48-72 hours since all registration request are apporoved manually.